Wednesday, November 4, 2009

toasted harddrive and otherwise occupied

Well, my harddrive bit the dust. May I just say, I recommend backing up your files. Also, I've been busy with things like this:


Very Frightening Snacks
ingredients: Black olive hummus, red pepper hummus, goat cheese, avovado, olives, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, carrots, romanesco broccoli, rice crackers, with dried apple frame.

Tigger and Demeter admire their jack-o-laterns

In art news, I had a successful Studio Tour in mid-October. Kathie Meyer of the PT Leader wrote this in her follow-up article Artists go all out to make studio tour special:

"Ya, know I didn't want to like this," said one visitor who couldn't help but be seduced by painter Counsel Langley's effulgent,* geometric paintings.

*I love the words seduced and effulgent! Granted, I did have to run to the dictionary for effulgent, where I discovered its awesome meaning: shining forth brilliantly; radiant. Sweet!

Also, I've been asked to have a solo show at the Castle Key Lounge in the Fall of 2010. I will create a body of site-specific work for the space and am looking forward obsessing over the contrast between the modern, geometric aspects of my work and the lush, Victorian style of Manresa Castle, where the lounge is housed.

And finally, I am honored to have been invited by Northwind Arts Center to have a show in 2011.

No comments: