Monday, July 6, 2009

LOVE.

Love, 2009, acrylic, ink, glitter, 60" x 36"

I just returned from the most moving and artful wedding I've ever been to. A friend of twenty years has found the woman of dreams he didn't even know he had. I made them a painting. This was their wedding gift from me and thinking about these amazing individuals and their commitment to each other freed me up to do something I've not done for years: place actual, specific humanity in a painting. Last time that happened was 2002 in The Wait.

The Wait, 2002, acrylic, ink, glitter, 20 x 48"The Wait DETAIL

Here's some details from Love (the profiles are theirs and the word "Love" is copied directly from their invitations):

2 comments:

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Beautiful work, beautiful sentiment. Fortunate people all around.

counsel said...

Thanks so much, Leslie! It was pure pleasure creating this piece.