Monday, May 26, 2008

Thanks for the seat

So the Chair Affair was last night, sounds like it went great. Last I heard they'd raised $8,300 and the donations are still coming in!
Chair photo by Katy Laveck and Nick Reid

I got a little tender about letting go of the kid rocking chair I'd painted and donated, but so be it, to the highest bidder it shall go. Then at the last minute a bunch of my family showed up, all pitched in for it and got the chair for my girls. So sweet! Thanks Ma and Uncle Wayne, Aunt Vickie, Cousins Valerie and Vanessa (up for a weekend visit).

That is Dare sitting in it, but Emerald made the quotable comment when she got to sit in it, "It's like sitting in magic! It is like I'm sitting in one of Mom's paintings and you're not even supposed to touch paintings!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That chair is awesome. And your kids are even more awesome. I can't believe how big Dare is! Keep up the good work.